The far-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders has started a new campaign. The main aim of his campaign is to outlaw immigration from Islamic countries to the west.
He plans to tour five countries in addition to the UK.
Last year Wilders unveiled a 10 point plan to save the West. Some of those were:
- Stop cultural relativism. We need an article in our constitutions that lays down that we have a Jewish-Christian and humanism culture.
- Stop pretending that Islam is a religion. Islam is a totalitarian ideology. In other words, the right to religious freedom should not apply to Islam.
- Stop mass immigration by people from Muslim countries.
- Encourage voluntary repatriation.
- Have every member of a non-Western minority sign a legally binding contract of assimilation.
I bet Geert Wilders will not be banned from coming to the UK. And he shouldn’t be, because we must believe in free speech and the right for fascists to say inflammatory things.
But I also predict that the sorry shower of idiots who were vociferously calling for the Islamic hate-preacher Zakir Naik to be banned from the UK will be quiet on Geert Wilders. It’s one rule for Muslims and another one for non-Muslims isn’t it? Just the way Wilders would like it, in fact.
Relatedly, you may recall that Douglas Murray from the Centre for Social Cohesion has repeatedly written defending Wilders. In an article for ConservativeHome he said Wilders attacked Islam, not Muslims. Does he still believe that, I wonder?
|Post to del.icio.us|
Filed in: EDL,Race politics