A selection of ongoing developments involving Britain’s extreme far-Right, further to the recent PP article focusing on the BNP here.
1. Nick Griffin is finally admitting that the BNP’s disastrous defeat in the recent General Election was due to them being comprehensively outclassed by the other political parties, particularly (in Griffin’s view) the Labour party. The URL link includes Griffin’s bizarre, rambling email to BNP members in full, detailing his plans to revamp the party prior to his alleged stepping down from the Chairmanship in 2014 so that he can lead a block of “nationalist opponents” in the European Parliament. Apparently a BNP “Campaign Executive” group has been formed, as a way to integrate the various groups involved in the BNP’s overall strategy. Griffin also wishes to create an “Operations Command Centre” (described by him as a “BNP academy of political excellence”), which will include a “National Training Department” for their key officials. The BNP also plan to create a distance learning website, described by Griffin as “a sort of Nationalist Open University” (one would assume that white supremacist websites such as Stormfront already perform that function). Amusingly, Griffin is still insisting that the BNP are the “Real British People”, despite the fact that more than 98% of Britain’s entire electorate did not vote for them in the General Election.
2. The BNP’s annual “Red, White and Blue” gathering has been cancelled this year, to the considerable relief of the local residents.
3. Graham Partner, one of the BNP’s few remaining councillors, has joined the calls for Griffin to be replaced as the party’s chairman; he has stated that the BNP is not being managed in an “open and honest way” and that there is “something to hide”. Partner has also called the BNP’s constitution “antidemocratic” and a “farce”, where BNP members are “merely a source of income” for the party’s senior leaders such as Griffin.
4. Griffin has openly stolen the EDL’s slogan “England is for life, not just for summer”, rephrasing it for the BNP’s summer campaign as “England is for life, not just for football”. This is of course despite their ongoing claims that there are no links between the BNP and the EDL; Griffin himself, in his usual antisemitic way, has even claimed that the EDL is a “Zionist false flag operation” with the aim of “provoking a civil war on the streets of Britain” and ultimately intended to trigger nuclear attacks against Arab countries in the Middle East. However, it is worth noting that the EDL’s main website creator has been confirmed as a BNP activist, and the administrator of the Luton EDL Facebook page is also a BNP member.
5. A joint investigation (also here) by Birmingham University and the interdenominational organisation ‘Faith Matters’ has confirmed that the BNP are deliberately playing the “divide and rule” game of trying to inflame & exploit tensions between Sikhs and Muslims.
6. The BNP’s “Sikh” supporter Rajinder Singh is now being formally investigated by the central Sikh authorities at the Akal Takht (part of the Golden Temple complex) in Amritsar, India, for his vociferous & very public promotion of bigotry and hatred towards Muslims (especially compared to the actual pluralistic, non-sectarian, humanitarian message of Sikhism and the lives of its historical founding Gurus, as detailed on PP here, here and here). Potentially Rajinder Singh could be formally excommunicated because of his actions, resulting in him being officially declared a global pariah from the world’s entire Sikh population.
7. BNP activist Tom Holmes, who stood as a candidate for Rotherham in the General Election and works for TalkTalk as a field representative, has been exposed as being desperate to prevent his employers and colleagues from finding out about his racist views and his membership of the BNP. Holmes, who has boasted online about being a Gold Member of the BNP and apparently models himself on his idol Nick Griffin, has been using his Facebook page to discuss his “black book” of people to be “put up against the wall” along with his eagerness for what he believes to be an impending “race war”.
1. A few weeks ago, BBC Three had a documentary about the EDL, called “Young, British and Angry”. It’s no longer available via the BBC’s iPlayer service, but you can still see highlights from the documentary via Youtube here. The EDL’s “Sikh” poodle-cum-sepoy Guramit Singh (sometimes known as “Amit” Singh) is continuing to be heavily involved in the EDL’s activities as their public spokesman; he has also been forcefully condemned by Dr Jasdev Rai of the British Sikh Consultative Forum (BSCF), whose chairman is “Bhai Sahib” Mohinder Singh, one of the most respected figures within Britain’s Sikh population and who has been actively involved in opposing bigotry towards ordinary Muslims. (Bhai Sahib was recently discussed in detail on PP here). The BBC documentary included numerous examples of the EDL’s frequent lack of self-awareness, such as one of their balaclava-wearing activists complaining “Why do people call us Nazis ? We’re nothing like Nazis”…..whilst speaking in a dingy basement and surrounded by similarly-attired thugs.
2. An excellent article discussing the results of a recent investigation into the EDL by the Guardian (includes undercover video footage), exposing the EDL’s aims to target a number of locations with Muslim populations this summer in order to deliberately provoke disorder. Like the BNP – whose current chairman Nick Griffin has been caught on video admitting that he’s deliberately scapegoating & persecuting Muslims as a vehicle to achieve political power – the EDL is persistently exposed as being an extremely racist organisation, despite their public claims to the contrary and despite their claims to only be opposed to “militant Islam” rather than ordinary Muslims en masse.
3. An associated article by The Guardian here, providing further detailed analysis of the EDL. It is clear that the EDL not only has striking parallels with Al-Muhajiroun along with the KKK, the National Front, and certain European fascist groups from the first half of the 20th century, but as a self-appointed paramilitary organisation geared towards terrorising & intimidating ordinary members of the civilian population (especially people from minority groups), the EDL is also exactly like the Taliban (particularly the version currently wreaking havoc in Pakistan) and fringe extremist Hindutva groups in India such as the RSS, Shiv Sena, Bajrang Dal and Sri Ram Sena.
4. A Muslim author discusses the necessity for British Muslims to refuse to “take the bait” in response to the EDL’s deliberately-provocative actions. On a related note, it goes without saying that – again, like the BNP – the EDL are justifying their stance by promoting a highly-distorted caricature of huge numbers of ordinary Muslims, and are disingenuously ignoring (or being grossly ignorant of) numerous influential contemporary and historical Muslims whose lives and actions completely contradict the EDL’s assertions, including the Muslims discussed on PP here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
5. An article by (believe it or not) the Daily Mail openly labelling the EDL as “fascists”, focusing on a recent EDL march through Newcastle and including a number of photographs of the event.
6. Further evidence of the EDL’s plans to deliberate incite violence in Bradford this August. The EDL activist Jeff Marsh (who recently released a widely-ridiculed and now-deleted Youtube video under the alias “Arrylad”) has responded to the recent Guardian expose with violent threats against the main journalist responsible, specifically referring to the gangland tactic of weighing people down and drowning them.
7. Two members of the EDL have appeared in court accused of soliciting the hate killings of Jews; they specifically face a total of 7 counts of “soliciting to commit murder”, and “using threatening or abusive language likely to stir up racial hatred”. These included posting comments on the extremist website ‘The Aryan Strike Force’ such as “Jews are parasites feeding off others”, “Jews will always be scum” Kill the Jew, Kill the Jew! Burn down the synagogue. Burn the scum”, “Jews will always be scum and must be destroyed”, and “I would encourage any religion or race which wants to destroy the Jews, I hate them with a passion”.
8. Paradoxically, the EDL are attempting to set up a “Jewish division” in order to recruit Jewish members to support their campaign against Muslims.
9. The EDL are also in the process of creating a children’s division. “Hitler Youth”, anyone ?
10. The EDL are violating British copyright laws by producing World Cup clothing bearing the Three Lions logo, which actually belongs to the FA. The FA’s legal department has contacted the EDL and demanded that they stop, but the EDL have refused to do this, and are still selling the illegal clothes via their clothing website.
11. A summary of an ongoing drama involving the recent Guardian investigation, one of the EDL’s media representatives, the British armed forces, Facebook, and the anti-BNP/EDL blog 1 Million United (“1MU”). Includes details of the fake threats the EDL representative is making against 1MU along with her wild claims of being supported by the “military chain of command”. The EDL’s media representative has subsequently been reprimanded by her husband’s commanding officer in the British Army for their involvement in the EDL and the claims they have been making.
|Post to del.icio.us|
Filed in: EDL,The BNP