A roundup of some of the major developments involving the BNP since the recent General Election:
1. An excellent summary from the Guardian here.
2. Nick Griffin’s delusional post-election “analysis”, addressed to BNP members, including a huge exaggeration of the number of MPs the BNP would theoretically possess under the proposed proportional representation system.
3. Griffin’s subsequent message in relation to the escalating civil war within the BNP. More ranting.
4. Griffin’s third public message, including fabricated “percentages” of Barking & Dagenham’s non-white electorate along with the assertion that the BNP is the “British Resistance”. Believe or not, Griffin’s apocalyptic faux-Churchillian call to arms isn’t actually a spoof; he really did write this message.
5. Griffin’s latest message, which can be summarised as “denial, denial, denial”. According to Griffin, any incriminating information which reflects badly on the BNP (described by Griffin as a “movement of national salvation”) is falsified and part of a huge global conspiracy.
6. The BNP is facing a renewed legal prosecution over their constitution, since it turns out that they haven’t actually removed the problematic racist clauses as instructed (re: the previous successful prosecution by the EHRC) but just moved them to different parts of the document and slightly reworded them in an attempt to circumvent the injunction. Griffin was directly responsible for this, so he could be charged with contempt of court and potentially be imprisoned.
7. The BNP’s London organiser Bob Bailey has been arrested for assault (and bailed until July) due to the clash with a group of Asians in Barking a day before the election. Two of the Asians involved have also been arrested on suspicion of assault and affray, and have subsequently been bailed.
8. Just before Griffin was leaving the premises after the election results for Barking & Dagenham, he was confronted by Nick Lowles from Searchlight about the incident in Barking involving Bailey. Lowles’ impromptu confrontation with Griffin was captured on video. Griffin makes false allegations about the Asians carrying knives and also refuses to condemn Bailey’s actions (especially Bailey’s attempt to forcefully kick the Asian lying on the ground) despite being repeatedly questioned about the matter by Lowles. Also note Griffin’s Freudian slip when he refers to the [white] “British majority” and then corrects himself by stuttering “minority”, along with his claim that the BNP now needs to change into a “civil rights” organisation for them.
9. A very professional and thorough analysis of the legal ramifications of ‘Marmitegate’. The use of Marmite was a deliberate publicity stunt by Griffin, and the BNP’s Legal Director Lee John Barnes was also fully aware of this despite the potentially catastrophic legal consequences. This has obviously backfired spectacularly, as the huge multinational company Unilever is using its full resources to launch a prosecution against the BNP. The party’s disgruntled webmaster Simon Bennett is also involved in assisting the prosecution, so this may result in a further exposé of “where all the bodies are buried”. The BNP recently attempted to launch a “gagging order” against Bennett in order to scare him into silence, but Bennett has refused to back down, resulting in Griffin and the BNP now dropping their court action; this has been estimated to have cost the BNP £3000 in legal fees, unwittingly funded by the BNP’s members.
10. The BNP implosion continues, with ex-Director of Publicity Mark Collett now publicly joining in the attacks on Griffin. Collett is the individual Griffin has recently accused of plotting to assassinate him.
11. The BNP has effectively split in two; Simon Bennett and rival for the leadership Eddy Butler have set up a new website demanding that Griffin resigns and calling for an urgent internal debate within the BNP. Bennett has also unilaterally removed Griffin’s personal EU website. He was responsible for sabotaging the BNP’s official website and terminating the party’s Facebook pages and Twitter feeds shortly before the General Election, thereby completely derailing the BNP’s online propaganda campaign.
12. Multiple articles from ‘Vote No to the BNP’. Includes Eddy Butler’s letter to BNP members, an article about BNP councillor (and governor at two Stoke-on-Trent secondary schools) Steve Batkin’s affiliations with three neo-Nazis photographed giving Nazi salutes next to a war memorial and who are members of the “Blood and Honour” fascist group, and Simon Bennett’s removal of the BNP’s private Trafalgar Club website (used by the BNP to fund Griffin by donations from people who do not want there to be any public records of their donations to the BNP).
13. More information about Steve Batkin via ‘Nothing British about the BNP’. Apparently the BNP have refused to sack him; ex-BNP councillor Alby Walker claims that Batkin is not an exception, and that this is the reason that he left the party (more information about the BNP’s real agenda and ideology via Walker here). Walker also states that his aim is to now expose to the public the true face of the BNP. The National Union of Teachers has called for Batkin to resign his school governorships, and South Staffordshire Royal British Legion manager Peter Smith expressed revulsion at the photo, saying “Three hundred and twenty six thousand servicemen and women died in World War II so that we wouldn’t have Nazi salutes on the streets of Britain”.
14. BNP school governor Debra Kent, also an administrator of the BNP’s official Facebook page and authorised by Griffin to stand as PPC for Lancaster and Fleetwood, has angrily claimed online that “Jews have a massive influence in this country. The BBC and most of the media is Jewish-owned”. This is yet another well-known antisemitic myth.
15. Just in case Nick Griffin’s own hatred of Jews needed any further clarification, here is video footage of Griffin stating on the record to Dominic Carman that “If Hitler hadn’t been so daft, they’d have exterminated the German Jews”. Griffin is also on record stating “The Jews have bought the West and control the press for their own political ends”.
Some further information:
• Griffin believes in the ”New World Order” global conspiracy (a paranoid theory particularly prevalent amongst members of the extreme far-Right in the US). He has mentioned the “New World Order” in every speech he’s given at the EU parliament, and this article includes a video clip of his assertions on the topic and the alleged links to a global conspiracy involving climate change/global warming (it’s the first video, titled “EU Parliament – Nick Griffin MEP on Global Warming”).
• Griffin is on record claiming that there is a “criminal gene” which justifies a Nazi-style eugenics policy involving the sterilisation of criminals. The hypocrisy continues to mount, considering how many BNP members possess criminal records and the fact that Griffin himself is on record boasting about repeatedly breaking British laws.
|Post to del.icio.us|
Filed in: The BNP