I recently wrote about the Dutch MP Geert Wilders being slammed by the right-wing lobby group Anti-Defamation League, but forgot to put his comments in context. The Dutch MP made an acceptance speech for the Freedom Award he was given by the Florida Security Council in Miami. And Geert Wilders certainly believes in ‘freedom’, because he advocates a ten point plan to Save Western Civilisation:
1. Stop cultural relativism. We need an article in our constitutions that lays down that we have a Jewish-Christian and humanism culture.
2. Stop pretending that Islam is a religion. Islam is a totalitarian ideology. In other words, the right to religious freedom should not apply to Islam.
3. Stop mass immigration by people from Muslim countries. We have to end Al-Hijra.
4. Encourage voluntary repatriation.
5. Expel criminal foreigners and criminals with dual nationality, after denationalization, and send them back to their Arab countries. Likewise, expel all those who incite to a â€˜violent jihadâ€™.
6. We need an European First Amendment to strengthen free speech.
7. Have every member of a non-Western minority sign a legally binding contract of assimilation.
8. We need a binding pledge of allegiance in all Western countries.
9. Stop the building of new mosques. As long as no churches or synagogues are allowed to be build in countries like Saudi-Arabia we will not allow one more new mosque in our western countries. Close all mosques where incitement to violence is taking place. Close all Islamic schools, for they are fascist institutions and young children should not be educated an ideology of hate and violence.
10. Get rid of the current weak leaders. We have the privilege of living in a democracy. Letâ€™s use that privilege and exchange cowards for heroes. We need more Churchills and less Chamberlains.
via BenSix. The BNP could certainly learn from Geert Wilders because I think they only got as far as ‘voluntary repatriation’, closing Islamic schools and ending all immigration.
In the UK, among Wilders’ biggest fans is Douglas Murray of the Centre for Social Cohesion (supposedly), who has written various articles in slavish support, for the Spectator and The Times. Most recently, when Wilders was banned from coming into the UK, Murray loudly defended him on ConservativeHome by saying, “Wilders attacks Islam, not Muslims.” — which is now of course shown to be rubbish. Yet Murray will no doubt keep defending Wilders.
Ben has more on the nutjobs who attended the conference alongside Wilders. What nice company Wilders and Douglas Murray keep.
|Post to del.icio.us|
Filed in: Islamists,Race politics,Religion