1) Firstly, anyone know this agitator? Seen at the March this weekend he felt “threatened” by 29 year-old Iranian Reza Moradi holding a poster of the Danish cartoons. Some say he looks familiar. Moradi is apparently now being summoned? Wtf?
2) Simon Barrow has written an excellent article on the release of Norman Kember and other CPT members and unfair accusations by the media and bloggers.
3) Sharif points this poll in Ha’aretz showing most Israeli Jews don’t want Arab neighbours. He asks: ‘Is such racism the result of the conflict, or is the conflict the result of such racism?’
4) Anvar Khan, who got Greg Dyke to admit the BBC was ‘hideously white’, admits she’s become a rent-a-quote race pundit because white writers are too scared to say what they think. Same goes for Yasmin Alibahi-Brown I’d say. [Cheers Kesara].
5) Every week we find another example of the government’s despicable behaviour towards civil rights. This weekend the police arrested anti-war protestor Brian Haw for no particular reason. [via Europhobia]
6) Thousands of women in Pakistan continue to be victims of discriminatory laws, Daily Times reports. The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan’s report on the state of women there paints a very sorry picture. [Hat tip Spaceboy].
|Post to del.icio.us|
Filed in: Civil liberties,Media,The World